Detroit Red Wings Heritage Banner
The franchise began to play in the NHL in 1926 as the Detroit Cougars. For the 1932-33 season, the team sported the Red Wings name and iconic logo for the first time. Its first of 11 Stanley Cups came just a few short years later. The team’s name and logo pay homage to the Winged Wheelers of Montreal, the team that won the first Stanley Cup in 1893. James Norris, who purchased the team in 1932, had played for the Winged Wheelers. The Red Wings logo that Norris initially designed is relatively the same as the logo the team uses today.
- Heritage Banner Only Does Not Include Frame
- 8 in W x 32 in H
- 100% Wool Blend Felt
- Constructed with high-quality embroidery and applique detail
- Designed with the teams logos throughout the team's history
- Includes a hanging cord for easy display
- Iron safe backing to keep banner in pristine condition
- Officially Licensed
- Winning Streak Product is ethically sourced and held to the highest quality standards making it the #1 Premium Licensed Product in Sports.